There are a few new faces on the second go-round of Star Mega DO, and one happens to belong to Matt Daimler, a.k.a Phatteus, who founded Seatguru.com nearly a decade ago. “It started in 2001 as one plane, with one map,” he says, and wasn’t much more than a hobby until revenue Google AdSense began turning it into a real business circa 2004. He sold the site to Expedia in 2007 (today his card says “Founder” and his role is effectively an evangelist) and his current wish is to see Seatguru’s maps incorporated into the most popular iPhone apps like Flight Tracker.
He still tells the story of learning how fare classes work. While traveling with a friend circa 1996, their flight was canceled and the airline was forced to rebook them on another carrier, issuing paper vouchers to do so. Seeing a “Y” written on the voucher, Matt’s friend asked what it meant. Informed “Y” meant coach and an “F” was required to be rebooked in first, his friend decided to fix that. Using a pen, he doctored the “Y” into an “F.” And it worked.
Continental Airlines Boeing 757-324 N74856
Some interesting tidbits about the scheduled* aircraft for the StarMegaDo 2010 Charter
- Serial number 32815 LN: 1039
- Type 757-324
- First flight date 17/12/2003
- Plane age 6.9 years
Continental.com Aircraft Specification:
- Cruise Speed: 540 mph
- Propulsion: Two (2) Rolls Royce RB211-535E4B “Phase 5″ High Bypass Ratio turbofan engines rated at 42,540 pounds of thrust each.
- Wingspan: 124 feet, 10 inches
- Roll out: 25/11/2003
- First flight: 17/12/2003
- Type: 324
- Engines: Rolls Royce RB211-535E4-C
- 27/01/2004 delivered to Continental Airlines.
- 27/01/2004 registered to Continental Airlines Inc.
- 28/01/2004 ferried Boeing Field to Orlando as COA9971
Seatguru.com Seat Map:
FAA.gov Registry Information: