OK, count this post in the “Got Ya!” file. Along the way, this mileage run gathers a lot of booty and just coming out of Germany I’m heading for baggageville. OK, no self-respecting member of FlyerTalk should ever have to pay a bag fee given the troves of advice on how to earn elite and bypass the piggy bank of flyers that forms to your right. So, here’s just a sampling of my “take home” pay just so far:
OK, this is a mileage run, right? Well, looking at this picture tells you it is not your standard mileage run. Answer me this. When is the last time on a mileage run that you had a massage on the turn around? I never have, but here we are at the Lufthansa/Star Alliance dinner and there’s three masseuse on duty giving massages to all the guests. You think the line is long at the elite check-in at SFO? Well, this place was packed all night long for the weary—day one was not going out without a few pleasant surprises.
We’re happy to announce that we’ve reached an agreement with the folks at United Airlines so that members of their Mileage Plus program can earn points as part of the StarMegaDo 2010 event. This is in addition to the participation of Lufthansa and Continental as mileage earning partners.
For participants who choose to credit to United the following rules will apply:
- United will give both Mileage Plus Award Miles and Elite Status Miles (EQM) to Mileage Plus members on the CO charter flight
- Mileage Plus miles will be awarded as if the customer were ticketed on a paid Continental flight, crediting to their Mileage Plus account
- Miles will be awarded based on the actual routing flown by the customer-i.e. if one flies IAH-PHX-PAE and takes a different return flight, miles will only be earned on IAH-PHX-PAE
- Mileage Plus elite members will receive the appropriate number of Elite bonus Award Miles, based on their elite status at the time of the charter flight
- Customers ticketed in the First Class cabin will receive the appropriate Class of Service bonus for Award Miles and Elite Status Miles
We’re very happy to have United as a partner again this year and look forward to a phenomenal event this November!
Not registered yet? Sign up now. You know you want to.