With 70 some FlyerTalkers heading to Germany on this first leg of the Mega Do2, here’s 5 tips on how not to embarrass ourselves when there (courtesy of More Than Manners and the German Foreign Office):
1) never jaywalk even if there’s no traffic anywhere to be seen.
2) crossing your utensils means you’re still eating. Laying them parallel means you’re finished.
3) ordering tapwater at restaurants is considered impolite.
4) keep your hands on the table when eating. To do otherwise is considered rude.
5) never light a cigarette off a candle. A common superstition says doing so kills a sailor.
Hey, I’m just saying …